The most tested and trusted personal defense weapon in history. The 92FS, deslgnated M9 by the U.S. Military, not only meets or exceeds all U.S. Military testing guidelines, ¡t totally rewrites them.
Beretta U.S.A. Reliability and Durability Statistics for the Beretta 9mm Pistol. The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds without a stoppage. During one test of twelve pistols fired at Beretta U.S.A. before Army supervision, Beretta-made M9 pistols shot 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction. The Beretta 9mm pistol was the most reliable of all pistols tested in the 1 984 competition which resulted in award of the M9 contract to Beretta. Two- thirds of all M9 pistols endurance tested at Beretta U.S.A. fired 5,000 rounds without a single malfunction or, at most, with only one malfunction. The average durability of Beretta M9 slides is over 35,000 rounds, the point at which U.S. Army testing ceases. The average durability of M9 frames is over 30,000 rounds. The average durability of M9 locking blocks is 22,000 rounds.
- Open Slide Design. Open top slide virtually eliminates jamming or stovepiping. Allows the user to load the chamber one cartridge at a time should the magazine be lost or damaged.
- Ambidextrous Manual Safety. Easily accessible by the thumb of a right- or left-handed shooter, it is spring loaded so ¡t’s either positively “on” or positively “off.” The safety lever on the slide also functions as the pistol’s decocking lever. When pushed down, the rear part of the firing pin [striker] is rotated out of alignment with the front part of the firing pin. [Does not apply to □ Model).
- Automatic Firing Pin Black. The front part of the firing pin is blocked from any forward movement until the trigger ¡s pulled completely back. Even if the pistol falls and strikes the ground, muzzle-down, the firing pin will not strike the primer.
- Sure, Firm Grip. The-front and back of the grip are grooved, the grip frame is flared slightly at the base to enhance pointability and control.
- Great Fire Capacity. 15 rounds in the magazine [9mm x 1 9] plus one in the chamber deliver the safe fire capacity the user can depend on.
- Reversible Magazine Release Button. Positioned next to the trigger guard for either right- or left-handed shooters. Allows rapid reloading. Magazine drops clear when released.
- Light Aluminum Frame with Combat-Style Trigger Guard. The trigger guard is squared off and grooved for a firm grip using one or two hands, even when wearing gloves.
- Double and Single Action. 92 FS pistols fire double action on the first round and single action on the subsequent rounds. The longer, heavier trigger pull of the double action makes inadvertent discharge less likely, while the lighter, shorter single action trigger pull allows faster, more precise discharge of subsequent rounds. DS and D models fire in the double action mode only.
- Disassembly Latch. Conveniently located to simplify field stripping and maintenance, the latch makes the 92 FS one of the easiest guns to disassemble.
- No Glare Finish. Beretta’s exclusive Bruniton non-reflective matte black finish is a superior corrosion resistant coating.